Founded in 2003, Adelaide MRI is a locally-owned provider of affordable diagnostic and interventional radiology services. We are proud to bulk-bill all scans covered by Medicare.
We aim to maintain a friendly and professional environment, with a team of highly-trained radiologists, sonographers, radiographers and support staff. We will provide the experience and expertise you need when seeking diagnostic. interventional and preventative radiology services or cosmetic procedures, and ensure your results are returned to you promptly and in the highest quality.
- All patients deserve access to affordable high-end diagnostic and interventional services. We bulk-bill all scans covered by Medicare, and charge a competitive and reasonable rate for services that are not covered.
- Your care will be delivered with respect and professionalism at all times.
- We listen to your needs as our patient and work closely with your referring doctor to give you the best health outcomes and personal treatment.
- We invest in the latest, state-of-the-art equipment and training to deliver diagnostic accuracy and greater patient comfort.
We bulk-bill all Medicare eligible treatments. Bulk billing means no gap payment and no unexpected out of pocket expense. Where a scan is not Medicare eligible, payment will be required at the time of your appointment.
Appointments usually covered by Medicare include:
- Most diagnostic X-rays, CT scans, Ultrasound scans, where referred by a GP
- Some MRI scans, where referred by a GP (please see list further below)
- Interventional Pain Treatments, where referred by a GP
- Some treatments referred by Physio, Chiropractors and Podiatrists
Appointments generally not covered by Medicare include:
- Preventative imaging – where the patient is not experiencing symptoms but would like to investigate their risk of developing disease. This includes Whole Body MRI, Visceral Fat Assessments, Advanced Dementia Screenings, and CAC Scoring.
- Cosmetic procedures – CoolSculpting® fat reduction and ResurFX™ skin rejuvenation.
This list does not account for all possible appointment conditions and types. Please ensure you check whether you will owe a gap payment at the time of booking and be prepared to pay (where necessary) at the time of your appointment. We accept payment over the phone when you make your appointment, or on the day via cash, card, Eftpos or cheque. We do not accept AMEX.
Adelaide MRI bulk bills the cost of all eligible examinations to Medicare on the day of the examination in most circumstances. Medicare rules are very strict. Where patients are not eligible to claim a Medicare rebate, these patients are required to pay a fee at the time of consultation. If you are unsure please ask at the time of booking.
Click here to read more about our Billing Policy.
Where can I find Adelaide MRI?
Our practices are at six convenient locations around Adelaide at Payneham, Kings Park, Woodville South and Elizabeth East, Parafield, and Torrensville, with other locations coming soon.
Convenient parking on-site and accessible public transport routes are available at every site.
The contact details for each site are as follows: